In light of what is going on in the world around us, we want to use wisdom and keep our hope in the Lord.
Wisdom is knowing the TRUTH, and responsibly acting accordingly.
We are taking precautions to help alleviate fears and to prevent the spread of any contagion.
- We will be doing extra cleaning and sanitizing of our facilities and equipment using CDC recommended cleaners. To view that list for your own cleaning routine, click here.
- Anyone who is, or has been sick in the last 14 days, or who has had contact with someone who is sick, should not attend services.
- If you have underlying health conditions that put you at risk, you may want to consider listening to the service online.
- Everyone entering will be required to use hand-sanitizer.
- We will not be passing offering plates, nor communion plates during the services. Rather, we encourage those who give to support the Lord's ministry through our church to use boxes which will be placed for them to deposit their gifts. Alternatively, many use their bank's bill pay service to have checks mailed to the church, or make use of our online giving. Online giving has the advantage of not passing any item between individuals.
- We will not be providing bulletins, but encourage everyone to use the digital bulletin in our Faithlife Community Group.
These are all steps of wisdom to help protect one another.
Hope in the Lord
We encourage everyone to know, and rely on the Lord. He is the One who loved us enough to send His one and only son, Jesus, to die in our place, taking our punishment for all of our sin/rebellion against the Lord. For everyone who places their faith in Him, He offers eternal life! When we believe in Him, we do not have to live in fear how we will live, nor of any sickness, nor death.
How will I live?
For those who believe in Jesus, He promises to be with us to the end of the age. (Matthew 28:20) He will certainly provide all that we need. (Matthew 6:25-34) He knows what it is like to face sickness, and to wonder where you will get your provisions for daily living. Go to Him, because He will sympathize with you and give you the grace and comfort you need. (Hebrews 4:14-16) He has always provided what we need. We need to trust him what He says, and that he will provide for us. Cast all of your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you! (1 Peter 5:7)
What if I were to get sick and die?
We know that those who live and believe in Him will continue to live, even if their body on this earth dies. And, we know that one day He will resurrect and change our bodies into immortal bodies to live with Him forever on the new Earth, where there will be no more sin, no more suffering, no more sickness, no more death! That is our hope and joy, even in the face of sicknesses like COVID-19.
We sincerely hope that all will receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and know the hope that only He can give.
Hebrews 2:14–15 (NIV) — 14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil—15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
Romans 3:23 (NIV) — 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Romans 6:23 (NIV) — 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 5:8 (NIV) — 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
John 3:16 (NIV) — 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 11:25 (NIV) — 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
- We will live stream our services and provide a recorded worship service weekly, and post it in our EFBC Faithlife Community.
- Small groups are able to meet using Faithlife. Please contact Pastor Mike for details.
- If you have a need, you may still reach Pastor Mike, or the elders via Faithlife Community, email, or phone.
- Giving toward the ministry of EFBC
- We recommend using your bank's free bill pay service. You can set up weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly checks to be mailed to the church.
- Payee: Evangelical Free Bible Church.
- Address: 431 Carbondale Rd, South Abington Twp., PA 18411
- Secondarily, you could use online giving (there is a fee for this service).
- We will continue to follow safety protocols until this pandemic has passed:
- Encouraging all who are sick or potentially exposed to stay home and use online services
- Encouraging those who are most at risk to stay home and use online services
- Encouraging fellowship for members and regular attenders on Faithlife Community
- Hand Sanitizer for all who enter the church
- No Paper Bulletins
- No Passing of Offering Plates
- No Passing of Communion Trays
- Cleaning and Sanitizing after each service/ministry event